Just getting the hang of it. Some odd materials with the irregular hematite and a plain flat one with the glass tiles. The surfaces are round ceramic coasters I got for 50 cents each and the boatload of ceramic tiles from eBay (80 for $27, more than half that was the shipping cost). So I have many small surfaces to work with.
Using some of the broken bottle glass I found for the one at right, and cut up a few tiles I ordered for the one at left. I am impatient with cutting the bits. I had an idea to make desert earth-tone scenes with bottle glass (green, blue, brown), which I will still do, I just have an overabundance of green and not enough of the others yet. And, impatient with breaking. However...
Sometime soon I'll be smashing these babies to smithereens, all within segmented wine box, duct-taped up to secure it and I think I'll throw it a few times...will still have to cut them down to size more later but it seemed a better idea to keep it contained then just take a hammer to them or throw them on the ground (I would also like to thank whoever did do that with a lovely blue bottle in a parking lot -- bagged that up nicely)!


No comments:
Post a Comment