Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Carefree

On Sunday I took a random road trip. I set aside time to work on my art but could not stand sitting inside, just wasn't motivated. My old "Sunday syndrome" was kicking in. The thing with AZ hot weather "hibernation" is, it's deceptive...looks beautiful out but just way too hot. Much different from sitting indoors in winter back in the Midwest where it looks and feels cold and terrible. Just needed to get out on the road.

So I picked a place on the map (Bartlett Lake) an hour away and headed out there, enjoying the drive through North Scottsdale where there is a lot of great desert but still civilization just behind it. About 3/4 there I didn't want to go all the way to the lake so I turned around, and ended up heading toward Carefree instead of making my second turn back. Nothing much was open on a Sunday but that was good for me so I didn't buy anything. Still just as hot up there of course, I couldn't even kneel against any ground/rocks to take my pictures. But alas.












No comments:

Post a Comment