Saturday, September 30, 2017

Blackout poems

Made these a few months ago, almost time to teach altered book techniques so I dug them out and got pics for the record.

A covert signal,
Too reticent to take the initiative,
Thinking self-consciously,
A chance to become quiet again.
By the time a hush fell carefully,
She had sworn the secret.

Tears of happiness welling up,
Drew something out.
Opened the little heart,
Looked at the picture
In the secret message
And looked down,
Obviously enjoying control. 
A personal question,
I can't figure out the secret.

I feel bad I can't figure out all the world's ills,
The kind of life that doesn't make it pleasant.
Optimistically in silence,
Thinking about the happy look,
Giving everything perfectly.

Lighting up the way you look,
Amazed, the bright expression.
I'll be bound, I'm going to stay. 
She was jubilant, shared her happiness.
Looking back, face shining.
Transformation.



No comments:

Post a Comment