The Heidelberg Project is a 2 block outdoor art installation in a rundown Detroit neighborhood - as well as a nonprofit community arts organization - and it was partially set ablaze early yesterday.
While viewing the news on-the-go yesterday, I couldn't quite feel upset in the face of the artist, Tyree Guyton's, overwhelmingly positive outlook. However, viewing photos today and video of some of my favorite people in disbelief, it hurt.
I'll definitely be stopping by whenever I'm back in Detroit. I recommend you do the same.
See below for a couple good articles about the incident, and a select montage of my HP images over the years. You can see images of the fire on the news pages, if interested.
Detroit's iconic Heidelberg Project burns; Founder Tyree Guyton: 'I'm not going to give in'
Heidelberg Project Fire Receives Surprising Responses From Artist Tyree Guyton, Detroit Supporters
![]() |
| Painting a dot on my last day at work. |
![]() |
| Front yard of Dotty Wotty aka New White House. |


No comments:
Post a Comment