Friday, May 31, 2013

Holga v. Canon - Hackberry 2.0

I started hauling around my chunky Holga (plastic 120 film medium format camera) on photo trips, shooting with it and my ol' Canon 20D.  I just got the discs back of the developed film and noticed I took a few of the same shots with both at Hackberry.

Can you guess which side is Holga? Which do you prefer?

For financial sake I still prefer Canon, as it cost $30 to get just about 30 images developed with the Holga.  But I like having to really think about the shot.  Unfortunately I put the mask in the camera, having not used it for so long that I thought I had a piece missing from it, rather than realizing I intentionally left it out to get the full square format and not the rectangle.  So from my original idea for these images, there's something missing as I was viewing them square in my mind's eye.  Oh well, next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment