Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument

I went on a road trip with my friend to the Flagstaff area, intending to do some nature sightseeing and antiquing.  We spent 3 hours at Sunset Crater, but the last half was being stuck with high coolant temp / dead battery.  Whoops.  My friend is also a native Michigander and we met / saw at least three others from there on the trip, including the people we talked to just before getting stranded, and the park ranger who gave the Fiat a jump!

So we did not do as much as planned but I still had 150+ shots. Here's a small sampling. And the best part is I SURVIVED A ROAD TRIP. With someone else. With an issue. I did pass out on the way home, but, still! Looking good to start much more travel in the near future.

LAVA FLOW!

I LOVE LICHEN!

DRIVE BY AFTER THE SUN CAME OUT



GREAT LANDSCAPES




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.