Sunday, August 31, 2014

Get ready for some DETROIT!

Spent the past week at the ol' homestead in metro Detroit and the last two days exploring street art downtown.  My first stop off the plane a week ago was the Heidelberg Project (HP) where I used to work, and saw some new and familiar faces, including the artist Tyree Guyton.  It was a bit odd to be on "the other end" outside of work and being invited for the sit-down street chat with him and my dad.  I also got to paint another dot on site (video later!) and visited my previous dot - you may recall my blog last year about the fires.

With Tyree and my new dot.
I also spent a ton of time exploring Lincoln Street Art Park and the Dequindre Cut with photo friends.  More on all of those later.  Ohh I could have spent WAY more time on all the tiny details, tons to soak in.  At both sites I did "jump shots" in front of MALT murals -- LOVE his work, see below for more explanation!

At the Dequindre Cut.
At Lincoln Street.
At one of the HP's previous fundraisers there was a lot of great graffiti art including work by MALT which I loved and is still for sale on the HP's site, but did not have the room/funds for it (it's gotta be 7 foot tall, 2 panels).  However I found that 1x Run had a print for sale that I got the following year for a deal (framed it myself), wooo hooo!  So I was quite excited to see some of these huge murals in person, and they tend to match my color-coordinated self in my faves turquoise and purple.

The MALT/Tead print that I own.
The big panel currently at HP office!
Check out more of MALT's work here.  More details of the Detroit adventures coming soon!

And OH YEAH...finally feeling better?! Many more AZ adventures yet to come...  

No comments:

Post a Comment