On my scouting trip (looking for a place to live and checking out the job sites), my dad and I did some tourism as well. We flew to Vegas (closer and cheaper than Phoenix airport) and set off early the next morning for Havasu. We happened through Searchlight, NV, a town with a population just over 500, yet of course it has two casinos. I thought this mineral/gem store was cool with the mural and colors, so we had to stop for a few pictures. Rocks, Art, Minerals & Turquoise, what more could you want? I'd like to stop at the store sometime if I'm on my way through there again, probably going to the airport. I found a website for it through another photo (not pictured). Unfortunately looks like it's closed in July if I come home then. A lot of places in my area also close during hot summer months and are only open in the winter when the snowbirds are here. I guess I'm a permanent snowbird.
I also took some desert scenery shots (another pullover) about 5 minutes before the photos above, so I'm going to say they are in Searchlight, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment