I love being surrounded by art and nature out here. Hence the themes of my blog! At work the clients are known as artists (which is so great) and I can tell I'm going to learn many new techniques as well as share what I know. It's getting me excited about trying things I've wanted to do but haven't yet (mosaics, jewelry, kiln-work) and back into photography as well. I managed to find a photo buddy and maybe even a photo group to go on shooting adventures. Can't compare to the group back home in sheer size and scope, but it is nice to have someone to suggest places to go, and have the company as well. Tonight I met someone to shoot the London Bridge at dusk and evening, so I'll have images of those to share later.
I feel very lucky to be surrounded by the gorgeous Southwestern landscape. I drive a lot for work, my ride 'to and fro' curves through mountains and looks amazing going there and back. Even the driving I do for work, while often on very straight, boring roads, still offers great views, through desert landscape or farmlands (bucket list: fly in a cropduster; do they take passengers?) with mountains in the distance. You may also know I was big into rock-collecting before, and the town of Quartzsite is known as the "rock capital of the world!" I was able to visit some great stores there and found one place I am definitely taking people to when they visit me! Rocks and gems galore - even a few Michigan samples of copper, hematite and petoskey. I picked up a few things for future projects. Looking forward to other local and state-wide outings, through work and my own exploration.
For now here's a few drive-by shots (and rocks) and I'll be sure to share some of my artwork when I get around to making it!
.jpg) |
| Man-made glass chunks. |
.jpg) |
| Chrysocolla, I believe. Often mistaken for turquoise. I got a large raw piece of this with varying shades of blue-green. |
 |
| The store everyone must go to. Rock yard extravaganza. |
 |
| Scenic turnout on way to work. Wildlife Refuge, where the counties of Mohave and La Paz meet. |
 |
| Farmland, lots of alfalfa to be dried in bundles for hay, |
 |
| AZ-95! |
No comments:
Post a Comment