Monday, April 1, 2013

SARA Park

Before we left for the move, Dad researched some hiking places and found SARA Park, just south of LHC.  We went there for a hike, where I got great calf tan lines. :\  You hike through the washes (which fill with swift-moving rainwater in a downpour) on one of the many paths, to the Crack in the Mountain.  I probably wouldn't go past it on my own since once you go down, you can't climb back up.  Very smooth, steep rock, gorgeous lavender coloring.  Difficult footing, you have to go backwards and step by step.  Then we hiked up and over where we had just come from, where I started to get winded.  Of course there was a 70+ year old man running across the mountain top trail (daily), so I figured I should be able to make it at least once! The pics (and video) below are from the hike a month ago, 3.35 miles, March 1st.  I would like to go back to shoot the crack area more, but not sure if I will venture through it.

 All photos are copyrighted by me and are not to be used for any purpose without my consent.

Walking through the wash.
Many colors of rocks.
Lavender rocks start to appear.
HUGE rocks.
Looking down the "rock slide" in Crack in the Mountain.
Rock slide, view from the other side.




 Dad sliding down the crack in the mountain.  I deleted the video of myself since I was stalling -- lol -- needed a little foot support to get down since I thought I would fly down it and land hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment